Composition: Pork liver, lean and pork fat, salt, spices, pepper.
Warning: Last items in stock!
|3||5,63 €||Up to 0,52 €|
|6||5,45 €||Up to 2,09 €|
The Figatelli are a speciality of the Corsican deli meats. To be consumed in moderation.
Fresh vacuum-packed product for better storage.
Figatellu (plural "figatelli") is a fresh sausage made of liver and pork flavoured with spices, it is then made in a U-shaped form, dried at temperature or smoked in beech wood. Traditional charcuterie, figatelli are made in the heart of the mountain in the center of the island, they were once shared in groups after the slaughter and butchering of pork. Figatellu is different from other butcher specialties such as panzetta, lonzu or coppa, due to its texture, composition and inimitable flavour. This Corsican sausage is the emblem of the return of winter and vigils at the corner of the fireplace during which we play cards and tell many stories.
Cooked figatelli are barbecued or roasted in the oven or returned to the pan with a little oil.
Raw figatelli are eaten after drying like a sausage as an aperitif. Accompanied by cheese and a glass of red wine "President's Reserve", it's just happiness!
Anyway, both raw and cooked, you will appreciate the quality of this product!
The figatellu can be stored for about 20 days. Unlike other deli parts, it is not intended for long storage but rather for rapid consumption.
Preheat your oven to 180 degrees. Prick the figatellu with a fork, then put it on the oven rack, remember to put the fried lick under the grill with water. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on your taste.
Cut the fresh sausage into 2cm-wide slices, skewer them on a wooden pick and cook for about 10 minutes. Tip: Drain the cooking juiceby squeezing your bread onto the skewer.
Cut a piece of sausage from 10cm to 15cm, then fry it 2min in a frying pan with a little oil. Break 4 eggs and add them to the sausage pieces as you do for fried eggs. Season with salt and pepper. When your eggs are ready, the dish is ready.
500g green lentils, 1 figatellu, 1 onion, 2 carrots, 1 leek, 3 cloves of garlic, 1 bouquet garni, olive oil, salt and pepper.
1. Peel the onion, carrots and garlic cloves. Wash the leek and separate the white from the green.
2. Put the lentils, onion, carrots, 2 cloves of garlic, leek green and bouquet garni in a saucepan of cold water. Bring to a boil and cook for 15minutes.
3. Cut the figatellu into 10cm wide slices and fry them for a few minutes in a frying pan with a little olive oil.
4. Add the last garlic clove and the minced leek white. Drizzle with lentil cooking water and simmer covered for 15min over low heat.
5. To finish, add the lentils and the rest of the cooking water. Season with salt and pepper. Then simmer for 15 minutes.
6. You can serve!
300g chestnut flour, 60cl water, 5g salt, 4 eggs, 1.5 figatellu (about 300gr), 300g brocciu.
1. In a pot, bring the water to a boil and add the salt.
2. While mixing with a wooden spoon, pour the chestnut flour into a fine rain in boiling water. Cook over low heat and stir constantly for 30 to 40 minutes.
3. Once the polenta detaches from the sides of the pot, stop the heat and let stand for 5min.
4. Remove the polenta from a floured cloth and flour the top. Lower the polenta with your rolling pin to be about 2cm thick. Cut strips 2cm wide by 10cm long. Keep warm.
5. Break your eggs and separate the yolk from the white individually to have 4 whites and 4 yolks (8 ramekins or 8 bowls).
6. Heat a 2cm layer of oil in a frying pan, place the egg white and then the yolk in the middle to fold the white over the yolk and enclose the yolk inside.
7. Once golden, remove the eggs and gently place on paper towels. Salt.
8. You can prepare plates, 3 slices of polenta, one egg, one piece of figatellu and brocciu.
In this recipe, it is possible to fry the figatellu in the pan with a little olive oil before serving.
I invite you to come and discover other flavours of our terroir, Corsican deli meats or Corsican cheese!
A proposal that does not refuse!
CorseBoutique, the best of Corsica. Thank you all!
PATRICE G. Published The 22/02/2020 Following an order made on 14/02/2020
Comme d habitude très bon produit
Bernhard E. Published The 18/02/2020 Following an order made on 24/01/2020
Yves R. Published The 11/02/2020 Following an order made on 01/02/2020
Patrick G. Published The 10/07/2019 Following an order made on 27/05/2019
tres bien vous pouvez commander sans probleme
charles Jean M. Published The 23/05/2019 Following an order made on 16/05/2019
Bruna S. Published The 19/05/2019 Following an order made on 07/05/2019
Bien emballé Et frais
Nicolas T. Published The 01/05/2019 Following an order made on 24/04/2019
Pas très forte
Patricia L. Published The 27/04/2019 Following an order made on 14/04/2019
Parfait, toujours aussi bons
Charles P. Published The 27/04/2019 Following an order made on 11/04/2019
Du figatellu de très bonne qualité
Avélia R. Published The 26/04/2019 Following an order made on 13/04/2019
Super bon. Très bonne qualité je recommande
Bruna S. Published The 26/04/2019 Following an order made on 06/04/2019
Chantal S. Published The 21/04/2019 Following an order made on 14/04/2019
Isabelle B. Published The 16/04/2019 Following an order made on 09/04/2019
LAURENCE M. Published The 11/04/2019 Following an order made on 02/04/2019
Daniella K. Published The 09/04/2019 Following an order made on 27/03/2019
Pas encore consommé, mais je connais et comme la coppa, il faudrait préciser sur l'emballage comment conserver le produit.
Gérard C. Published The 09/04/2019 Following an order made on 28/03/2019
Excellent conditionnement, excellent tout court.
Jean-paul C. Published The 08/04/2019 Following an order made on 31/03/2019
ha le figatelli séché un produit corse incontournable, on en mange et on en remange a l'apéro s'est succulent franchement je recommande on adore cela
Dominique D. Published The 05/04/2019 Following an order made on 24/03/2019
Le gout n'est pas authentique!!!
Christine J. Published The 21/06/2018 Following an order made on 11/06/2018