Composition: Pork breast, salt, pepper, then lightly smoked.
Fresh vacuum-packed product for better storage.
Panzetta is a speciality of the Corsican deli meats. To be consumed in moderation.
Panzetta di Corsica is a basic ingredient!
Panzetta is made in Corsica, made from pork belly, then salted and peppered and then slightly smoked. Following this manufacturing phase, the panzetta is refined in our cellars for several months.
How to taste Corsican panzetta?
Cooked panzetta is often grilled in slices of 1.5cm to 2cm in a frying pan, barbecue or fireplace, accompanied by fresh bread, red wine "Orenga de Gaffory" and Corsican cheese, it's a real treat. It can also be used in a multitude of preparations, such as potatoes, gratin, stew, pie, pizza, soups, sauces, risotto... It will delight you with its firm and melting texture! Panzetta can also be fried with eggs in a frying pan. It will gladly replace your bacon.
Tip: you can accompany your panzetta de figatellu, their flavors go perfectly! It is of course a basic ingredient of Corsican cuisine, it will bring an exceptional flavor to many of your dishes.
The preservation of panzetta?
It is recommended to keep it in a cool, dry and airy place.
Some recipes based on panzetta di Corsica:
Recipe of Corsican fougasse (4 people):
500g flour, 150gr/200g Corsican tomme, 12 slices of 1cm panzetta, 20 pitted black olives, 30cl of lukewarm water, 1 tablespoon of Provence herb, 1 onion, 20cl of olive oil, 2 sachets of baking powder, 2 pinch of salt.
1. Remove the yeast into a glass of lukewarm water (a glass bottom) and set aside 15min.
2. Put the flour and salt in a bowl and mix. Dig a well, pour in the yeast and some of the water
3. Knead the dough by adding water gradually and olive oil until you get a homogeneous dough. Cover with a cloth and let it swell.
4. Take the panzetta and slice it, so as to make pretty bacon. Then in a hot frying pan and a drizzle of olive oil, brown the panzetta bacon. Book.
5. Finely chop the onion and brown it in turn in the fat of the bacon. Book.
6. Cut the olives into small pieces and grate the Corsican tomme. Book.
7. Flour your worktop to work the dough, knead it and don't hesitate to add flour if necessary.
8. Roll down the dough and place the ingredients: bacon, onions, olives, half the tomme and herbs of Provence. Then fold the corners in the center to close and form the shape of a fougasse (Oval).
9. Preheat your oven to 250oC, place your fougasse on parchment paper, cut it and spread the nicks.
10. Brush the fougasse with olive oil and bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
Tip: You can put under your plate, the lick-fried with water, the crust will be all the more crispy.
Taste this fougasse as a starter, as a dish or for an aperitif, an original recipe that will delight your taste buds, your friends and your family!
Recipe of Corsican soup (6 people):
300g panzetta, 1kg fresh beans, 400g potatoes, 200g leeks, 400g onions, 200g chard, 200g young carrots, 100g dandelion, 100g borage, 3 garlic cloves, 3 olive tablespoons.
1. Clean leeks and chard, sort dandelions and borage, shell beans, peel potatoes, onions and carrots. Dice all the vegetables.
2. In a pot of cold water, place the panzetta cut into 6 pieces and bring to a boil over high heat. Skim, cover and cook for 1 hour.
3. In another pot, add the olive oil and melt the onions without browning them. Then add the leeks for a few minutes, then the other vegetables and the garlic (peeled/depleted).
4. Pour the panzetta cooking water at vegetable level and panzetta pieces, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 hour and a like over low heat.
5. You can serve and accompany this soup with dried slices of bread.
I invite you to come and discover other flavours of our terroir, Corsican deli meats or Corsican cheese!
A proposal that does not refuse!
CorseBoutique, the best of Corsica. Thank you all!
- Net weight
- ≃ 400g
Thomas B. published the 13/02/2021 following an order made on 28/01/2021
Outstanding taste. Very good quality.
Andree P. published the 13/02/2021 following an order made on 25/01/2021
MONIQUE G. published the 17/12/2020 following an order made on 04/12/2020
Muriel T. published the 16/12/2020 following an order made on 01/12/2020
Pierre Marc L. published the 15/12/2020 following an order made on 22/11/2020
Toujours, aussi bonne
LUCETTE L. published the 13/12/2020 following an order made on 01/12/2020
Paul Pierre P. published the 03/12/2020 following an order made on 11/11/2020
Très très bonne !!!!
Marcelline M. published the 01/12/2020 following an order made on 26/11/2020
elle est magnifique
Jean V. published the 10/11/2020 following an order made on 31/10/2020
Comme sur la photo et je vais bientôt le gouter.
You might also like