Composition: Pork ham, salt, then lightly smoked.
Fresh vacuum-packed product for better storage.
Prisuttu is a speciality of the Corsican deli meats. To be consumed in moderation.
The Prisuttu, a king piece!
The prisuttu is made according to a very specific process. The ham after being drained of its blood, the nerves and excess fatty parts are removed. Then the ham is salted, slightly smoked and matured in a cellar for a period of 12 to 24 months. During this transformation phase, the Corsican prisuttu is checked on a regular basis to ensure its quality throughout the refining process.
What to know: You get only two prisutti per pig, so it is very important to take care of its manufacture.
But how to taste The Prisuttu?
The prisuttu is a raw ham that will be appreciated very well alone during an aperitif or an appetizer with a glass of the "Orenga de Gaffory" estate. If you opt for a plate of deli meats, it will go perfectly with pickles, coppa and lonzu.
Do not hesitate to use it for your sandwiches (at home, during your hikes ...), in this case it is advisable to cut rather thick slices. The prisuttu becomes very dry, no problem, you can use it to make stews. (You can find the recipe below). Finally if you have a whole Corsican ham and it arrives on the end, use the bone to give your tomato sauce a taste. An unrivalled fragrance.
Nice idea: In the summer when it is very hot, I suggest you serve it with a very fresh Corsican rosé wine.
Conservation of Prisuttu?
I advise you to store your Corsican ham in a cool, dry and airy place in order to keep it in the best conditions.
Some Corsican recipes based on Prisuttu:
Corsican stew with prisuttu and spine (6 people):
500g noodles, 600g pork loin, 150g prisuttu, 300g tomato pulp, 20cl white wine, 10cl chicken broth (prepared), 200g onions, 150g green olives (pitted), 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon peril chiseled, 100g grated Corsican cheese, salt, pepper.
1. Peel and slice the onions. Then cut the spine into a large cube 2cm wide and the prisuttu thinly banded.
2. In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and fry the onions and prisuttu strips for a few minutes. Book.
3. Then always in the large saucepan, brown the pork loin cubes over high heat, salt and pepper.
4. Then, once golden, add the wine and cook over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Then add the tomato pulp, chicken broth, onions, prisuttu strips and mix.
6. Cover the pan and simmer for 45 minutes over medium heat. Stir regularly.
7. After 45 minutes, add the pasta (uncooked), mix and cook for 20 minutes until the broth is completely absorbed by the pasta. Stir regularly.
8. After 20 minutes, add the olives and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
9. It's ready, everyone at the table!
Chicken with prisuttu (4 people):
4 chicken breast, 4 thin slices of prisuttu, 1 onion, 2 clove of garlic, 200g of brocciu, 5cl of dry white wine, 5cl of water, 3 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, pepper.
1. Peel and cut the onion and fry it in a frying pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil for 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Cut the chicken breasts in 2 to form 8 cutlets and flatten them between 2 sheets of cellophane.
3. Crush the brocciu with a fork and mix with the time onions and pepper to create the stuffing.
4. Place half a slice of prisuttu on each cutlet, then stuff and finally roll the cutlets. Hold with roasting string, squeezing tightly.
5. In a large frying pan (jumper) and the rest of the olive oil, brown the rolls for 10 minutes, turning them regularly. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Add pressed garlic cloves, white wine and water. Cover and cook for 15 minutes over low heat.
7. It's ready, enjoy!
I invite you to come and discover other flavours of our terroir, Corsican deli meats or Corsican cheese!
A proposal that does not refuse!
CorseBoutique, the best of Corsica. Thank you all!
- Net weight
- ≃ 700g
Céline D. published the 28/12/2020 following an order made on 13/12/2020
Inge S. published the 18/12/2020 following an order made on 03/12/2020
CELINE P. published the 12/12/2020 following an order made on 26/11/2020
Alex G. published the 10/12/2020 following an order made on 26/11/2020
Raymond T. published the 05/12/2020 following an order made on 20/11/2020
On se régale , apéritif, entrée...... comme cela sent la campagne et la bonne charcuterie !
Marie-laetitia C. published the 20/11/2020 following an order made on 12/11/2020
La vraie saveur du jambon corse
Alane N. published the 17/11/2020 following an order made on 04/11/2020
Claudine T. published the 25/08/2020 following an order made on 17/08/2020
Pas encore utilisé
pierre Jean K. published the 02/08/2020 following an order made on 21/07/2020
excellant comme toujours
You might also like